Nominating Committee Report 2018:
The Board annually appoints a Nominating Committee of three persons to recommend candidates to fill all Board vacancies anticipated to exist as of the next Annual Meeting. Two board members are completing their second terms (Martha Kennedy and Nick Stone), and one member (Ross Reynolds) is completing his first term and is eligible for a second term.
The Nominating Committee this year consisted of Dru Schmidt-Perkins, Tina Krause, and Martha Kennedy (Chair). After careful consideration, the committee presented the following slate to the Board at the July 7, 2018 Board meeting:
• Ross Reynolds, for a second three-year term
• Susan Wise, for first three-year term
• Kevin Sudeith, for first three-year term
The slate was accepted by the Board.
In accordance with the nominating procedures adopted in September of 2015, in addition to those nominated on the Board slate, anyone may submit a nomination to the Board on or before July 10, by written or e-mail communication to the President (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vice President (email@example.com). These nominees will need to accept the nomination and write a brief statement detailing their desire to be elected to the Board. All nominees will then be listed on the proxy mailing, posted on the website, and presented for vote at the August 4, 2018 Annual meeting.
The following qualities are desired in a Board member, including:
• time commitment to Board duties including attendance at Board meetings
• skills that would be useful in current or anticipated community issues
• diversity of background
• ability to subordinate personal beliefs and styles to the needs of the whole community
• the ability to work together constructively with the other members of the Board
Nominating Committee Process – adopted Sept. 6, 2015
SICO Board Nominating Committee Notice – April 29, 2015
Candidate Statements – July 1, 2014
SICO Board Nominating Committee Notice – March 7, 2014